Breaking News :

Barcelona Sacks Koeman, Names His Replacement

The Spanish football giant, Barcelona had been through a lot of challenges following their 8-2 thrashing from Bayern Munich in 2020 and this led to the removal of some players after Ronald Koeman got appointed as the manager of the team.

A few months later, Lionel Messi left the Club for PSG following the financial status of Barcelona and after his exit from the club, it was observed that the performance of the team dropped a critical level.

Because of the poor performance of the Catalan team, fans called for the sack and replacement of Koeman but despite the outcry, Barcelona’s board members couldn’t do it as they believed that Koeman should be given more time to adjust.

It seems Barcelona’s president, Larpota had run out of patience after the club lost 1-0 to Vallecano and he decided to relieve Koeman of his duties as the Manager of the team. The loss left Barcelona in ninth place in the La Liga table after winning just 4 games from their opening 10 league games.

This season, FC Barcelona went through a major period of internal issues as its dire fiscal situation saw club legend Lionel Messi depart as a free agent after Barca were unfit to renounce him. Overall in 67 games in charge, Koeman had a record of 40 wins, 11 draws and 16 defeats.

In a statement made after the sack of Ronald Koeman, Barcelona said,

“FC Barcelona has dismissed Ronald Koeman tonight as a trainer of the first platoon,” a statement released by the club said.”Club president Joan Laporta informed him of the decision after the defeat against Rayo Vallecano.

“Ronald Koeman will say farewell to the team this Thursday at the Ciudad Deportiva.
“FC Barcelona wishes to thank him for his service to the club and wishes him”.

After the sack of Koeman, it was reported that the legendary Barcelona’s midfielder and current Al Sadd trainer, Xavi has been offered the job. Xavi has an exit clause with the Qatar side but it’s understood that he wants to move to Barcelona, who are set to pay the figure demanded to secure the 41 years old.

Rayo loss accelerated Laporta’s decision
Laporta had lost faith in Koeman several weeks ago, Thing understands, but he’d remained in charge despite a slow launch to the season.
But after Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to Rayo, which came on the reverse of a 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid in El Clasico at the weekend, Laporta felt that a change was demanded as soon as possible.

It can be recalled that Ronald Koeman, the Dutchman was verified as Barcelona director in August 2020, taking over after Quique Setien had been dismissed in the face of the club’s disastrous 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Titleholders League.

Read Previous

Barcelona Intensify Talks With Xavi As Koeman’s Replacement

Read Next

Success Relives His First Goal In First Start For Udinese

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!